Employees are partners
Through a shareholding trust scheme, Tankerska plovidba makes every employee a partner in the company. Thus, every employee has both a voice in the operation and a share of the company's profits. Tankerska plovidba is a mission driven company. Managers approach is based on:
- long-term perspective
- respect for business partners
- care about people
- long-term investment
- care for the environment
Dedicated and highly competent
At Tankerska plovidba, we believe our crew is our greatest asset. Highly qualified, they pride themselves on being team players who are motivated and dedicated to the company. Crew are locally recruited from the Zadar region with its tradition of seafaring. Most of them stay with the Company throughout their careers - against a world average of four years with any one company. The majority studied at the Zadar Nautical College. They serve on the same vessels many times, frequently on the same teams, they know their colleagues and the ship's operations thoroughly, they speak the same language. All of the crew members are beneficiaries of the company's share scheme. Through sponsorship of the Zadar Nautical College, Tankerska plovidba ensures the future of the area's seagoing tradition.
We look after our people and they look after our ships. Tankerska plovidba employs up-to-the-minute technology to ensure efficient, safe and environmentally friendly operations.
Technology is only as good as the people who operate it. At Tankerska plovidba we make sure that all our operators are kept up-to-date with constant training and education.
We work closely with shipyards on our new buildings and believe in sharing our many years experience of the industry with the builders and engineers.We only work with yards which can achieve the constant high standards on which we insist.
Mario Pavić - CEO
- 1996 graduated at Nautical College Split in Nautical studies
- 1997-2003 sailed as an officer on tankers, bulk carriers, product carriers and LPGs, and achieved master mariner certification
- 2002 received a degree in Maritime Management from Faculty of Maritime Studies in Split
- 2003-2007 tanker operations manager in commercial department in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2007-2013 worked in Tankerska’s office in London "Alan Shipping" initially as a broker and later as managing director
- 2006-2014 - President of Shipmasters’ Association – Zadar
- 2013 – present President of the Management board of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
Nikola Koščica (1975) – Member of the Management board of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 1996. BA Financial Economics from London Guildhall University
- 1997. Masters degree in Economics, Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka
- 1997 - 2001 Analyst in Risk Management department of Dalmatinska banka d.d. Zadar
- 2001 - 2004 Raiffeisenbank Austria d.d. –Zadar Branch initially as an account manager and later as head of corporate lending department
- 2004 - 2013 Risk Manager in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2011 - 2015 Vice president of the Supervisory Board of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2013 - present Chief Financial Officer of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2015 - present Member of the Management board of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 1997. Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb
- 1998 internship in Technical department in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 1999 system administrator in Tehnotrade Zadar
- 1999 - 2001 CARNet system engineer in the University of Zadar
- 2001 - 2008 system administrator in IT department in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2008 - 2014 IT manager in IT department in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2011 - 2013 member of the Supervisory Board of Tankerska Plovidba d.d
- 2013 - present President of the Supervisory Board of Tankerska Plovidba d.d
- 2014 - present Head of Corporate Services of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2015. Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from IEDC Bled
- 1998 B.Sc. In Maritime transport from the Faculty of Maritime Studies in Rijeka,
- 1998-1999 3rd Mate in Tankerska plovidba d.d. fleet
- 1999-2003 initially assistant Chartering Manager in Product/chemical and gas tankers department and later as a Chartering Manager in Tankers department of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2004-2006 Alan Shipping Company Ltd. London – initially as a broker and later as a Managing Director
- 2006-2013 Chartering Manager in Tankerska plovidba d.d
- 2011- present member of the Supervisory Board of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2013 – present Commercial Director of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 1991-1993. seaman in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 1997. Graduated at Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality management, Opatija, University of Rijeka
- 1998. internship in Financial department in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 1998. present employee at Personnel and General Affairs Department of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2017. present member of Supervisory Board of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 1992. Masters degree in Electrical Engineering from Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of Zagreb
- 1992 Teaches mathematics and information technology in a secondary school in Zadar
- 1993 - 2013 Technical superintendent for electrics and electronics
- 2003 - 2011 Member of the Supervisory Board of Tankerska plovidba d.d
- 2011 - 2013 President of the Supervisory Board of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2013 - present member of the Supervisory Board of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2013 - present Technical Director of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 1998. Masters degreee in Mechanical Engineering from Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Zagreb
- 1998 internship in Technical Department in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2000 - 2002 3rd Engineer in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2002 - 2004 Newbuildings Superintendent assistant in Technical Department in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2004 - 2014 Newbuildings Superintendent in Tehnical Department in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2014 - 2015 Head of Engine department in Personnel and General Affairs Department in Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2014. Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from IEDC Bled
- 2015 – present Personnel and General Affairs Department Director of Tankerska plovidba d.d.
- 2015 – present member of the Supervisory Board of Tankerska Plovidba d.d
The POLICY of the Company is to:
Promote safety on board vessels in order to protect the lives, well being of all personnel, maintain the integrity of the ship and its cargo and to protect environment from pollution risks.
Provide high quality service with modern, well-maintained vessels and with reliable, well-trained crews.
TANKERSKA PLOVIDBA is fully committed to providing transportation and delivery of cargoes in accordance with, or exceeding its customer needs, in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with administration, national and international laws, rules and regulations, the highest level for the health and safety of its crews and protection of the environment and the good commercial shipping practice.
To fulfill our commitment we have put the following objectives:
- To comply or exceed all regulatory requirements
- To strive for zero harm to people and property by holding health and safety as our first priority
- To strive for zero oil spills and minimize the impact of our operations on the environment
- To manage our vessels to ensure reliable performance, structural integrity and the application of vessel standards
- To enhance the competence of our people through training and career development
- To use performance measures to continuously improve our operations
Top Management will continuously monitor realization of these objectives as a permanent goal of our Safety and Quality Management System.
The customers’ satisfaction is the focal point of our Company and their interests shall always be carefully considered.
The Company must work closely with our current and potential customers to understand the market trends in order to be able to offer a suitable service ahead of the competition.
The Company shall continuously improve safety and quality management skills of performance ashore and on board vessels, including preparing for emergencies related both to safety and environmental protection.
Top Management fully supports this Policy and its objectives.
All personnel of TANKERSKA PLOVIDBA d.d. are strictly required to adhere to this POLICY by fully complying with the Company Safety and Quality Management System.
The Company considers the preservation and protection of the environment as a paramount mission, thus taking all necessary actions to guaranty its fulfillment. Our Policy is to ensure that all owned or managed ships are operated to comply with all necessary requirements to protect the Environment and in compliance with the existing International Conventions, Administration or other applicable Regulations.
It shall be accomplished through the implementation of the following:
- Taking precautions to protect through the environment in which the Company’s ships operate.
- High standards in operating and maintaining Company’s ships.
- Responding to hazards quickly, efficiently and with the minimum possible impact to the environment and natural resources.
- Commitment to continuous improvements in our environmental performance and pollution prevention across all our activities.
- Correct treatment and handling of cargo products being transported, bunker and lubrication oils purchased, paints, chemicals, solvents, other consumables materials and in order to comply with statutory rules and regulations.
- Assessing identified risks for possible environmental impacts originating from the various environmental aspects of shipping business.
- Train crew to prevent accidental and whenever possible operational discharges of pollutants to the environment.
All shore based and shipboard personnel are strictly required to adhere to this Policy by fully complying with all requirements of the Company as well as all applicable industry, administration, national and international regulations.
The Company shall maintain a safe and healthy working environment free from use of drugs and alcohol.
No employee shall use a prohibited substance or inappropriately use prescribed medication under any circumstances.
All employees must comply with the zero alcohol limits whilst onboard.
Possession, consumption, distribution or sale of drugs and alcohol by any employee of the Company shall lead to instant dismissal and will render the person liable for legal procedures.
As a condition of employment, all vessel personnel may be required to submit to drug and alcohol testing through unannounced or routine medical examinations. All officers are tested at least once a year.
All personnel of TANKERSKA PLOVIDBA d.d. are strictly required to adhere to this POLICY by fully complying with the Company’s procedures and all applicable administration, national and international regulations.
The purpose of the Occupational Health & Safety Policy of TANKERSKA PLOVIDBA d.d. (hereafter called as Company) is to ensure that activities in connection with the ship’s maintenance and operation are carried out in safe manner in order not to cause any risk for the shipboard personnel. Company has to ensure that any personal accident or near accident is identified, evaluated and corrected in order to avoid similar situation as well as to improve the safety onboard and to be in compliance with the existing International Conventions, Administration or other applicable Regulations.
The Company has prepared following Occupational Health & Safety Policy:
- The avoidance of risks, which among other things include the combating of risks at source and the replacement of dangerous practices, substances or equipment by non-dangerous or less dangerous practices, substances or equipment.
- The evaluation of unavoidable risks and the taking of action to reduce them.
- The adoption of work patterns and procedures which take account of the capacity of the individual, in respect of the design of workplace and the choice of work equipment, with a review in particular to alleviating monotonous work and to reducing any consequent adverse effect on shipboard personnel’s health and safety.
- The adoption of procedures to take account of new technology and other changes in working practices, equipment, the working environment and any factors which may affect health and safety.
- Giving collective protective measures priority over the individual protective measures.
- The provision of appropriate and relevant information and instruction for the shipboard personnel.
The risk inherent in the working environment must be identified, evaluated and in consequence measures must be taken such to remove or minimize those risks, and so to protect shipboard personnel and others from those which are unavoidable.
Tankerska plovidba d.d. is committed to make efficient use of energy in the office and aboard its ships with the purpose of preserving natural resources, reducing atmospheric emissions and helping to mitigate the effects of climate change.
Management will lead and promote energy efficiency programmes, ensuring that the organization works in accordance with the principles established in this Policy.
Tankerska plovidba has established objectives and targets in order to improve energy performance and reduce the GHG emissions of its facilities. In order to achieve them, Management will ensure the availability of the necessary information and resources.
Tankerska plovidba will support the purchase of energy-efficient products, services and design for energy performance improvement.
Tankerska plovidba will support the choice of the best solutions when renewing / updating of existing, or projecting of new processes and facilities, which could have significant influence on the energy performance.
Tankerska plovidba will continuously improve the use of energy resources in the office and aboard ships.
Tankerska plovidba will comply with the legal requirements in force and other requirements applicable to the ships and its offices related to energy performance, including energy efficiency and the use and consumption of energy.
Energy Efficiency Management Plan shall be specific for individual vessels and reviewed regularly by both the vessel and the Company senior management.
Tankerska plovidba considers that ‘complying and ensuring compliance’ with this policy is the responsibility of all individuals who take part in its activities.
This policy provides guidance to all employees regarding use of social media, which should be broadly understood for purposes of this policy to include,but are not limited to, blogs, wikis, microblogs, message boards, chat rooms, electronic newsletters, online forums, social networking sites, and other sites and services that permit users to share information with others in a contemporaneous manner.Guidelines to respect when using social media
Obey the law
Because you are legally responsible for your postings, you may be subject to liability if your posts include posting commentary, content, or images that are defamatory, pornographic, proprietary,harassing, libelous, or that can create a hostile work environment.
Take care that you do not find yourself engaged in illegal access, insider trading, or other violations of the law.Obey Company rules and regulations; protect Company`s clients,business partners and suppliers
Ensure that you fully understand the Company's code of conduct, Rules of Employment, information management by laws, personal information management by laws, and other rules and regulations. Externally, never identify a client, partner or supplier by name without permission and never discuss confidential details of a client engagement. Internal social computing platforms permit suppliers and business partners to participate so be sensitive to who will see your content.Before you publish, ask yourself if your comments would reveal important internal information, harm customers, suppliers or partners, or damage the social standing and credibility of the Tankerska Plovidba Group.Protect confidentiality and proprietary information
You are prohibited from publishing confidential information about or possessed by the Company, customers, suppliers, partners, and other parties learned in the course of your duties. Consider all information learned in the course of your duties about the Company, its customers,suppliers, partners, and other parties to be confidential unless it is public knowledge.Make it clear that the views expressed are yours
Company employees must not include discussions about Company personnel, policies or operations in their Web sites and/or blogs. Co-workers must not be identified by name and their images must not be posted in video, photographic or graphic form without their permission. If employees later request that the material is removed, that request must be fulfilled.
Unless you are specifically requested to issue a statement by the Company, explicitly state that your opinions are your own personal opinions and may not reflect those of your employer, customers, suppliers, or partners, and ensure that there is no chance for them to be misconstrued.
Include the following disclaimer in every social media profile you maintain:
"All of my content on this site reflects my own personal viewpoints and opinions and is unrelated to those of my employer."
It is strictly forbidden to post any status updates, tweets, pictures etc, regarding any onboard incident,accident or trouble, on social media platforms. All information regarding the onboard incident, accident or trouble shall only be provided by Company`s representatives authorised to handle communications with the third parties. In case of emergency authorised person for handling of communications with the third parties is Commercial Division Director.
Managing of information after the incident is vital especially when coordinating with authorities in order to:
a. Establish facts;
b. Protect the privacy of the personnel involved including the rights of the families and
the reputation of various stake holders and the Company.
The information about an incident, accident or trouble on social media becomes public information,even without malice and can negatively impact the emergency process.
Posting and publishing of the following information is strictly prohibited:
a) Information pertaining to the Company - for example Names of vessel's, vessel's details, Fleet profile, size etc;
b) Information pertaining to the cargo and ports of call;
c) Photographs of vessel, cargo, especially sensitive cargo;
d) Information pertaining to the shipper's, Charterer's etc;
e) Information pertaining to the vessel's schedule;
f) Information pertaining to vessel's crew changes;
g) Information pertaining to Training courses and course materials;
h) Information pertaining to accidents/troubles which have occurred on the vessel and within the Company fleet;
i) Technical information regarding vessel's equipment including specifications;
j) Information other than the above in which there may be doubts whether or not to publish it.
k) Unless you are specifically requested to issue a statement by the Company, explicitly state that your opinions are your own personal opinions and may not reflect those of your employer,customers, suppliers, or partners, and ensure that there is no chance for them to be misconstrued.
l) Photographs of vessel showing vessel's name, Company's name, etc.
m) Photographs of the Funnel and other objects which can be used to identify the Company .Don't forget your day job
You should make sure that your online activities do not interfere with performing your job responsibilities or commitments to customers.